Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: STEAM_0:1:39857557 TTT Ban Appeal  (Read 1544 times)

Offline jmick363

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
STEAM_0:1:39857557 TTT Ban Appeal
« on: February 12, 2013, 05:39:10 pm »
Sit on My Face: I think it was this at the time.  I was messing around with some buddies
STEAM_0:1:39857557: Your Steam ID goes here.
Was wrongfully banned for getting revenge on a bad mod: Your reasoning goes here.

This was the original private message I sent to Tom that he didn't seem to see, before I noticed the Ban Appeal forum. So I had the pleasure of playing on the Echo Gaming TTT server on Gmod, and I play on this server often. Usually there are no admins or mods on, but this rarely is a problem other than the one time someone wouldn't stop mic spamming.  Anyway, one of the mods was [EG] Michael.  This was my first time playing on 67thway v4, so I was unfamiliar.  I was walking into the room before the T room to try and get a weapon, and someone was blocking the door.  I continued to try to walk in and someone was asking me why I was trying to get in there.  I was innocent by the way.  I then heard Michael say "Why you trying to get in there?  KOS that guy!" and I was then shot and killed instantly, and it was uncovered I was innocent, and no other players around us took any action.  I was very mad because I then had to sit through an excruciatingly long round. Also. Michael was innocent and did this.  That round, there was an innocent RDMing.  A LOT. This was showed to the attention of the mods, but they did nothing about it. The next round, I saw Michael, and I killed him to try and get revenge.  I succeeded, and I killed him.  After about a minute or two, I was kicked from the game with the message "Banned permanently "Nice Try"".  I can understand wanting to kick someone for RDMing.  However, the Mod was RDMing, and he was allowing other players to RDM, but as soon as he was RDMed, he banned me. I find this unfair.  I would appreciate maybe the ability to be unbanned, or for the bad mod to be punished.  Please if you could get back to me with what you plan to do, I would really appreciate it.

Offline DropShot (Bensta)

• [eG] Clan Member
  • General
  • www.youtube.com/TheTechyGamer24
    • View Profile
Re: STEAM_0:1:39857557 TTT Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 05:46:41 pm »
We're sorry Michael "owns" the server and once Tom see's this he'll get back to you and if i see him on teamspeak today ill send him a link to this thread
Quote from: Tom on 26 April 2012, 06:06:09
David: Maybe Tom will offer you a position at the Echo-Gaming Headquarters .

Quote from: David on 26 April 2012, 06:07:03
Good idea, the position of co-leader is still available. ;)

Offline jmick363

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 06:42:17 pm »
Alright well it seems like it's unlikely for me to be unbanned but thank you anyway.

Offline Tom

• Administrator
  • General
  • Clan Founder
    • View Profile
    • Echo-Gaming.co
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:51:02 pm »
Alright well it seems like it's unlikely for me to be unbanned but thank you anyway.

Ban removed. I think it was the right one - I couldn't find it in the list so I had to do it in console so let me know if you're still banned.

Quote from: John F. Kennedy
Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind.

Offline jmick363

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 08:32:21 pm »

Ban removed. I think it was the right one - I couldn't find it in the list so I had to do it in console so let me know if you're still banned.

Well I've since changed my in game name (multiple times) but I'm pretty sure that's my Steam ID....  I used the website given on the example given for a ban appeal.  I just tried to sign on but it says I've been banned from this server still... :/

Offline Tom

• Administrator
  • General
  • Clan Founder
    • View Profile
    • Echo-Gaming.co
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 09:00:24 pm »

Well I've since changed my in game name (multiple times) but I'm pretty sure that's my Steam ID....  I used the website given on the example given for a ban appeal.  I just tried to sign on but it says I've been banned from this server still... :/

What is your in-game name now?

Offline Michael

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 09:06:32 pm »
Well considering I didn't kill you, you had no right to try and get revenge against me. I can understand RDM if I was shooting at someone or being suspicious but I was just standing there before you RDM'd me. That's why you were banned.

Offline Tom

• Administrator
  • General
  • Clan Founder
    • View Profile
    • Echo-Gaming.co
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 09:08:58 pm »
I did a search in the ban file, I still don't see you. Try connecting again. Please confirm that your Steam ID is correct, too.

The Steam ID that you gave me is linked to this account:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Jmick363/

Is this correct?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:09:20 pm by Tom »

Offline jmick363

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 05:30:37 pm »
I did a search in the ban file, I still don't see you. Try connecting again. Please confirm that your Steam ID is correct, too.

The Steam ID that you gave me is linked to this account:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Jmick363/

Is this correct?

Yes that is my profile.  Maybe it just needed time to go through or something?  When I try to join the server now to test it, it informs me that this server is running an older version of the game or something to that effect.  I'm not sure if it would tell me I'm banned before or after that message, but it's hard to tell.  This is the name/ip of what I'm joining just to confirm...