Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: College  (Read 722 times)

Offline Tom

• Administrator
  • General
  • Clan Founder
    • View Profile
    • Echo-Gaming.co
College
« on: October 14, 2014, 09:18:34 am »
Hey all,

Since we're all pretty similar in age I figured we're in the same boat. How's everyone enjoying college?

I love getting up at 8 (sometimes 9) instead of 6 every morning! My classes are relatively difficult but I enjoy them. My time management and procrastination abilities are really being tested, so I'm trying to get my work done early instead of last minute. Lots of short term goals help keep me in shape both physically and mentally.

I'm only 5 minutes away from home (still living on campus though) and most of my friends from HS go here anyway so I don't find myself feeling homesick much. Have my car here and still work on weekends so I can always go home or visit a friend if I want to.

How's everyone else doing?

Quote from: John F. Kennedy
Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind.

Offline DropShot (Bensta)

• [eG] Clan Member
  • General
  • www.youtube.com/TheTechyGamer24
    • View Profile
Re: College
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 09:56:33 am »
I'm doing end of highschool exams atm and finishing in 2 weeks then wait to see if my application for university has been accepted..
Quote from: Tom on 26 April 2012, 06:06:09
David: Maybe Tom will offer you a position at the Echo-Gaming Headquarters .

Quote from: David on 26 April 2012, 06:07:03
Good idea, the position of co-leader is still available. ;)

Offline Tom

• Administrator
  • General
  • Clan Founder
    • View Profile
    • Echo-Gaming.co
Re: College
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 11:23:10 am »
Ah, I wish you luck. That was a very stressful time for me - all of the applications had a lot of work associated with them, and I also had an insane homework load at the time, too. I'm happy with the college that I picked and so far I'm enjoying every minute (especially 'unlimited' food!). What are you thinking about majoring in?

With all of my AP credit and some dual-credit program that I used from a local community college, I'm officially a sophomore already (despite being a first-year college student)! It's scary to think that by the end of this year, I'll already be a junior in college..

My classes in Spring hopefully won't be as rigorous as this Fall semester:

Mathematics for Engineering Analysis I - basically, it's math after Calculus III... probably my hardest class of the semester.

Computer Science and Programming (C++) - should be fun for me and partly a review since I have an abundance of experience with programming already. This time it's with C++, and I'm used to medium-level languages like PHP/Java/Python/C#. Learning a low-level language like C++ would be beneficial for me plus it would help me later when I have to learn Matlab.

Honors Principles of Personal Finance - I'm really interested in economics, stocks and finance and the professor teaching the course looks to be pretty cool. Apparently he had some investment in Bitcoin as well so it sounds like I'll be learning about cutting-edge stuff. :)

Honors Freshman Engineering Clinic II - A continuation of FEC I which I'm currently taking. Basically, it's learning how to work with other people cooperatively in a team, meeting deadlines, and developing professional skills. My professor is from the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department so a lot of what we're doing right now is about sustainable growth including wind/solar energy.

Legal Environment of Business - I'm semi-interested in law but not interested enough to want to be in the profession. I took a Business Law class in HS so hopefully this class will be more of a review as well. I like to learn about legal precedents and cases and how they affect me, so this class should be cool as well!

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:24:49 am by Tom »

Quote from: John F. Kennedy
Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind.