Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [Java] Help ;-;  (Read 2003 times)

Offline BrandonPKC

• [eG] Clan Member
  • Major
    • View Profile
[Java] Help ;-;
« on: May 26, 2016, 12:31:38 pm »
I have to make a game for computer science. I was thinking about making a tower defense game, but then I realized: after the entire school year, I don't know how to program. So yeah, I'm screwed :) I don't know if anyone wants to help me but it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Tom

• Administrator
  • General
  • Clan Founder
    • View Profile
    • Echo-Gaming.co
Re: [Java] Help ;-;
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 09:46:12 pm »
Can you explain your idea in more detail?

I don't have any experience making games.

Quote from: John F. Kennedy
Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind.

Offline BrandonPKC

• [eG] Clan Member
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 09:24:23 am »
Yeah, here are the expectations:

The game must:
Have an intro animation and an explanation of how the game is to be played as well as a way to start it, quit it, and play again.
Have background(s) so that the game looks like it is a virtual world.
Have arrow key, mouse, or some alternative control so that the user can interact with it to play the game.
Have a user-controlled player character with all the appropriate animations, such as walking, standing, facing different ways etc.
Have multiple enemy objects and/or other objects that the user character must interact with in order to achieve the goal.  These should have all their appropriate animations.
Have preprogrammed interactions between game objects to make the game function, such as gravity, collisions, enemy activity, etc.
Have a means for keeping score and/or health of the player and any enemies and displaying that information so that the user knows at all times how he/she is doing.
Have multiple playable levels and/or a level creator that can create levels for others to play and a way to get from one level to another.
Have a predefined end of the game and a way to notify the player about their success.
Have appropriate closing animations for winning and losing the game.

Offline Tom

• Administrator
  • General
  • Clan Founder
    • View Profile
    • Echo-Gaming.co
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 09:59:46 pm »
I don't think I can be of much help to you - not my area of expertise.

Quote from: John F. Kennedy
Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind.